Sunday, November 14, 2010

World Quilt Show

We are lucky to have a the World Quilt Show Florida close by.  This is the second year that it has been held at the Palm Beach County Convention Center and the second year that it did not disappoint!
We are treated to quilts from all over the world, from all genres of quilting.  Local quilting stars shined as best of show went to Mark Sherman from Coral Springs,  Leigh McDonald with her SSQA  Zing Me Once 'MY Coconut' and the many Gold Coast Quilt Guild members' Perfect 10's.    I took some photographs to share.  Some didn't come out so great (so I couldn't show you ALL of my favorites).  Some were so popular I couldn't even get near them to take a photo.  Nevertheless, it was a lot of fun.  I hope some of you got to enjoy the quilts, classes, and shopping, too.












I love how the Guild's members translated their idea of the 'Perfect 10" so differently.  It was so much fun to view - and read - all of the quilts in the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment