Friday, May 20, 2011

Salt Lake City Part 1 - Handi Quilter!!

Last week was a quilters' dream week (at least for me), as I traveled to Salt Lake City, Utah for two different quilt-related events.

First stop - Handi Quilter!  I have chosen to be a representative for what I believe is the best long arm system available on the market.  After spending a few days at the Handi Quilter headquarters just north of the downtown area, I confirmed my beliefs that this company and their products are first class!
I worked with and met everyone from the support staff on the manufacturing (these are made in the USA!!) to the CEO and everyone in between.  What a kind, welcoming, knowledgeable staff!!  We spent a few days learning everything from threads and tension (more about the threads soon.  Handi Quilter has purchased Golden Threads and they are super products!) to uploading patterns into the Pro Stitcher.  The Sweet 16, Avante, Fusion and Pro Stitcher were all on hand to learn on.  Wow!
We use the groovy boards, pantographs, and Pro Stitcher patterns to create beautiful quilting.  (the cupcakes above right were to train us on how to manipulate patterns.)
We had a fun bunch of quilters (and techs) from all over the country.  Such an exciting week, I must say!
Don't I look like I am having fun?  I can't wait to set up the Avante that is sitting ready to be assembled at the shop!!  Soon you can come and play, too!  It's simple to use, you'll see!  You can be quilting your own quilts in no time!  [stay tuned to find out when the HandiQuilter will be ready!]

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the warm welcome Saturday. I enjoyed visiting the shop and with all of you. I will be back. Blessings, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you don't mind but I tweeted, face booked and put you on my blog.
    http://jkwart.blogspot.com and I am following your blog. Blessings, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you enjoyed the shop - we enjoyed having you! thanks for mentioning and tweeting us. I'm going to visit your blog now...

    ReplyDelete